3.02.2012

turnaround: a jcp story

Remember how when we watched that Kohl's commercial I speculated that it could be a move to preempt JCP (or should I say, "jcp"?)? <- side note: ?)? doesn't look like a real thing allowed in the English language. Please forgive.  Also I'll tell you, out of fear it won't be noticed, that I purposely flipped the phrase in my title to suggest that jcp invented the turnaround.  I fear my brilliance will be lost on the less observant.  I digress...

JCP, now lowercase jcp, has made some pretty "boss" moves (what kind of nerd says "boss" in quotes.  also, what kind of business-y person says "boss" at all?).  I could tell you, but instead, let me show you:

logo:
jcpenny new logo











stock:
jcpenney stock price jump
and of course, commercials:
so much americana in this one:


ellen's commercials have almost all made the YouTube most watched front page the last few days.


You might have a hard time finding stories about jcp's strategy change, so let me point out a few obscure publications that have been tracking it: forbes, business week, chain store age, cnn.  Notice how I put them all in lower case?  JC-Penney-ed!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Ellen commercial. I didn't know she was doing commercials for them?

    ReplyDelete

go on, add your thoughts to my house