4.07.2012

mormon marketing

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (AKA the Mormons, AKA my church) has put together a very clever (biased opinion? yes.) marketing campaign for Easter.

The internet campaign revolves around the Mormon.org Facebook account and a website created just for Easter, http://www.mormon.org/easter .

So what's so clever?  The campaign is undeniably simple with a laser focus on the central message of the campaign, that Christ lives.  From my marketing education, the best campaigns know exactly who they are talking to and what they want to say, and that is what I see here.

Below are a couple of samples from the campaign.

This is the video on the "front page" of the website:


One of the "Easter cards" from the Facebook campaign:


















The campaign is personally meaningful to me as well.  I believe that Jesus lived in Jerusalem long ago, that he performed miracles and taught.  I believe that he came to make our success on Earth possible by suffering to for our sins and our grief.  I believe he rose from the dead, triumphant over death and sin.  It is in Him I trust and structure my life the best I can to follow his teachings.  I have felt his love, forgiveness, and peace.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

go on, add your thoughts to my house