4.20.2012

I almost cried, guys.

This masterpiece from the P&G for the 2012 Olympics is a tear jerker for sure.  P&G's tribute to moms.  All of us have one, most of us love ours, and those of us with kids know too well the endless service a mom is asked to give.

The whole point of advertising is to arouse some emotion and tie it to a product or idea to motivate behavior, something that this spot does exceptionally well.  I also love when an advertisement shows what power a non-suggestive, non-violent, non-sexual ad can have.

A part of me feels manipulated, though.  I feel a little like the big bad muli-million $ firm is tricking me into feeling something.  Oh well, P&G, you win; I felt something and I think I like you more because of it.

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a "like" button on blogger. This blog would get lots of likes.

    ReplyDelete

go on, add your thoughts to my house