6.20.2012

what actually helps people?

If you decided that helping people was the most important thing in your life, what would you do?  I have been thinking about this a ton lately.  What do people need?  Education?  Water?  Loans?  Shoes?  Money?  Shelter?  Peace?  Jobs?  Hospitals?

Money tends to corrupt and enable, necessities seem to be temporary band-aids, peace seems unachievable, hospitals seem reactionary.  So what would you do?  If you decided every effort and thought and action would be dedicated to helping others, where would those efforts, thoughts, and actions turn?  To be redundant: What actually helps people?

Below are two companies that believe they are making a difference.  They have chosen their way to help people, and while I'm not sure it is the one thing I would do, I am glad they're doing something.
Tom's Shoes, a company that tries to help people

Homeboy Bakery, a company that tries to help people

1 comment:

  1. No sales pitch just truth:) I have found that the company I promote, ViSalus Sciences, is most commonly viewed as just another MLM Corp. From an inside view, obviously there is money to be made, however the oure focus of ViSalus is what gets my attention. Not only is it a proven product with amazing results day over day, by helping others get healthier, lose weight, be happier, and make money on the side if that is desired. One newer development of the company is their March to a Billion Campaign. They are in process of almost hitting their goal of donating over 1 billion meals to those in need. I love the direction and growth this company has and the positive energy it propels itself with!

    ReplyDelete

go on, add your thoughts to my house